Now this lady right here is funny. Funny in a dry kind of way, which makes her even funnier! She’s one of the volunteers at the Olympics. Her role is to direct crowds of attendees passing through.
With her tannoy in hand, she proceeded to come out with whatever was going through her head. It included her referring to a group of ladies after she noticed only one of them cheered when she mentioned the opening ceremony was approaching — “but I believe we’re all cheering on the inside…”, she remarked.
Then she said her mouth was dry! “My mouth is dry but I’m still talking.” “That’s my dedication…”
At that point, you can hear the person shooting the video laughing.
Without giving too much of the content away, some of the other things she said included the following:
– that generations upon generations upon generations would talk about the Olympics
– that she didn’t want to start singing
– that she felt like a celebrity (because she was being filmed)
– she looked at the camera and said hi to her mum
– she planned to go on Facebook that very evening, search for a picture taken of her, frame it and send it her mum
It’s just the deadpan almost sarcastic way she talks that adds to the hilarity of it.
Maybe this lady was bored and trying to keep herself entertained, but in the process she ended up entertaining other people, to the extent of someone filming her in action and putting it up on YouTube. Within two days of the video going up, it received more than 200,000 views. It’s since shot up to over a million!